Subscribe to new posts and updates

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Did you stop to notice the "Falling Leaf"?

Have you ever noticed a falling leaf?
Leaves fall from the trees,
not just in the Fall season, but all through the year.
Yet how often have we stopped to see?


The falling leaf from a tree,
Is quite mystical to me.
Its a wonder when I see it,
opening a dimension that's dimly lit.

"How is it possible?," I ask myself,
A simple phenomenon such as that,
Natural and common in itself,
Leaves in the receptive mind, a spark of brilliance.

For a long time I have wondered,
Day by day, eager to understand, I enquired, 
Should I rather dismiss and scurry away,
In pursuit of worldly goals and roles, on my way?

Just like the majority of human race,
whose impatience and self focussed gaze,
busy in a life that leaves no scope
for the mystery of a falling leaf swirl.

Yet now, as the leaf dances before me,
Falling carelessly and tantalizingly,
Oblivious as to where and when,
It's fancy dance shall end.

I feel a thrill of gratitude,
Of the wonder and beauty that I am blessed to see,
The nature's reality right in front of me,
Divulging secrets and truths, not found in books.

Better than seeking answers to life,
With esteemed authorities and wise figure,
Is to ask oneself everyday,
"Have you noticed a falling leaf today?"

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring and a good reminder to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring and a good reminder to all of us.

    ReplyDelete